Research Center for Mahdism and Future Studies was established in 1998 with emphasis on Mahdaviyat studies following a future-based approach. Beginning its activities as 'Light Waiting institution', it tries to explain Mahdaviyat doctrine as a system of living during the time of occultation and appearance in a manner that is in line with the objectives of Islamic Republic of Iran and the goals of Islamic Sciences and Culture Academy and is profound, applicable and based on Islamic principles. Making use of standards and characteristics of Mahdavid ideal society and the methodologies of future-related studies, it aims to assess the desired perspectives of a modern Islamic society and present alternatives for it. This Academy has by now published 20 works.
1. Foundations of Mahdaviyat.
2. Culture of Mahdaviyat.
3. Future-related Studies.
1. Mahdi Akbarnijad, A Comparative Study of Mahdaviayt in Shiite and Sunnite Traditions, 2009.
2. Ali Akbar Hisari, Towards Global Government of Imam Mahdi, 2003.
3. Haider Ali Rustami, A Descriptive and Analytical Assessment of Kamal al-Din wa Tamam al-Ni'ama by Sheikh Saduq, 2009.
4. Messianism in Ibrahimic Religions, authored by a group of scholars, 2007.
5. Khuda Murdad Salimiyan, Retuning to this World after the End of History, 2005.
6. Mahdi Akbarnijad and Sa'eed Azarshinfam, Imam Mahdi in Four Islamic Religious Sects, 2007.
7. Collected Papers (discourse one to nine), authored by a group of scholars, 2001 – 2008.
8. Husain Ilahinijad, An Introduction to Mahdaviyat related Studies, 2012.
9. Haider Ali Rustami, A Descriptive and Analytical Assessment of al-Ghayba by Sheikh Tusi, 2003
10. Haider Ali Rustami, A Descriptive and Analytical Assessment of al-Ghayba by Sheikh Nu'amani, 2003.
11. Mahdaviyat and Future-related Studies, prepared by Rahim Kargar, 2013.