The mission of Information and Knowledge Dissemination Department is to use information technology and to carry out research activities as well as to design and manage the research and applied systems in the field of information and knowledge dissemination.
• Analysis, processing, representation and retrieval of information and knowledge in the field of Islamic sciences through using standard organization systems
• Enriching and empowering the resources and content of Islamic and human sciences
• Policy-making and arranging training courses in the field of knowledge management and information dissemination
• Promotion of research-scientific potential of Islamic Propagation of Qom Seminary in the field of knowledge management and information dissemination.
• Development of a roadmap for knowledge management organization and policy implementation of knowledge management systems
• Setting up the schedule for organization knowledge management and policy implementation of knowledge management systems
• Development of organizational knowledge management, deployment of knowledge network in the organization and facilitation of the organizational knowledge sharing.
• Observing and forecasting the frameworks and mechanisms for the dissemination of information and knowledge of Islamic and human sciences
• Interacting with research departments and scientific associations in the field of information and knowledge dissemination.
• Carrying out study and research on knowledge management and dissemination of information and knowledge of Islamic and human sciences
• Determining the research priorities of the department and proposing the research plans
• Participating in the scientific and research sessions, conferences and meetings
• Development of production mechanisms, processing and management of electronic content in the field of Islamic sciences
• Identifying the information requirements of researchers and scholars in the field of Islamic sciences
• Providing models and frameworks for storing, processing and disseminating information and knowledge
• Developing and compiling a framework, structure, and instructions for deploying information and knowledge management systems in Islamic Propagation Office of Qom Seminary.
• Monitoring and evaluating the deployment of information and knowledge management systems in Islamic Propagation Office of Qom Seminary.
• Identification, design, development and management of research systems related to information and knowledge dissemination
• Identifying and designing information technology-based services in order to disseminate information and knowledge
Long-term Goals (Five-year goals)
1. Carrying out research to compile the models and frameworks for storing, processing and disseminating the information and knowledge.
2. Empowering the Islamic information and knowledge
3. Completing data-mining lab in the field of Islamic sciences.
4. Compiling and organizing Islamic information and knowledge systems in the field of dissemination
5. Studying and compiling the standards in the field of information and knowledge management(Structural, design, protective, content management)
6. Carrying out the scientometric studies in the field of Islamic sciences (visualization, scientometric studies, drawing the knowledge map, etc.)
7. Analyzing, designing and implementing the research portal for Islamic Sciences and Culture Academy (ISCA).
8. Developing and providing content for Research Center for Islamic Documents and Information Management
Short-term Goals ( Two-year goals)
1. Supporting, developing and redesigning the information management website in order to present the research services considering content and technical standards.
2. Launching data-mining lab in the field of Islamic sciences.
3. Running the Islamic sciences resources website and connecting to the website of Islamic information sciences management.
4. Analyzing, designing and implementing the index database of Quran verses and narrations
5. The early scientometric studies in the field of Islamic Sciences
6. Holding an international conference on Islamic knowledge sciences management
1. Holding educational workshops for the website of Islamic information sciences management and digital library
2. Discussing scientometric topics and launching a scientometric department/system/website for Islamic Propagation Office of Qom Seminary (compiling the articles of association, goals, duties, structure, plans, projects, prospects and so on).
3. Implementation of data mining and text mining methods based on new data mining system of Islamic sciences(machine indexing, Resource categorization, Suggesting new machine terms)
4. Designing and implementing research plugins for ISCA in Microsoft office word
5. Development of the website for Islamic information sciences management and adding new features based on the researchers and faculty member's needs.
6. Completing and developing the digital library and providing the researchers and faculty members with research services
7. Creating the knowledge map in the field of Islamic sciences according to thesauri and ontology.