The research center for Ahlulbayt history and conducts started its research activities in 1986 in order to study the methodological areas related to Ahlulbayt's history and conducts, and the influential platforms in them.
• Explanation and refinement of the foundations and theoretical frameworks of the history of Islam and tradition of the Infallibles (a.s) to empower them to fulfill the various personal and social needs
• Presentation of the personality and conduct of the Infallibles (a) in different aspects of personal and social life, according to the needs of the audience
• Studying the identity of Shia and the process of its historical development
• Methodical response to the questions regarding the history of Shia, the conduct of the Infallibles (a), and the Islamic culture and civilization
The research center has published more than forty-seven books eleven of which have won awards.
History of Shiism Department
The department studies the historical ups and downs of Shia in political, social, cultural, economic, and religious aspects.
• Identification of Shias in the history and introduction of the aspects and features of their culture, science, education, politics, and society.
• Exploring the strength and weakness of Shias and presentation of the factors of their success and failure
• Exploring the unknown corners of the history of Shias and their theoretical and practical evolution throughout history
• Identification of the common points of the past and the present situation of the Shias and using the history for planning for the future
• Methodical study of the history of Shiism using authentic primary sources
• Study, assessment, and criticism of the historical sources of Shias and the history of Shiism
• Using non-Shia and non-historic sources –like rijal, exegesis, and literature- to explore the unknown aspects of the history of Shiism
Tradition of Ahl al-Bayt Department
Studying the tradition of a person is the methodical analysis of his life in different situations. The department aims at an explanation of the various aspects of the life of the Infallibles (a).
• Providing a scientific and documented biography of Ahl al-Bayt (a)
• Presentation of Ahl al-Bayt (a) as perfect exemplars
• Busting the myths about the Ahl al-Bayt (a)
• Methodic research in the various aspects of the life of Ahl al-Bayt (a)
• Analysis and criticism of the contradictory narrations about the life of Ahl al-Bayt (a)
Islamic Culture and Civilization Department
An accurate study of the different aspects of the history of Islam, especially the Islamic culture and civilization, makes it possible to understand and introduce Islam and its leaders.
• Identification of the various aspects of the Islamic culture and civilization
• Explanation of the position and contribution of Islam in civilization and science
• Exploration of the factors of the success of the Islamic civilization and the reasons for its failure
• Introduction of the political and social evolutions of the Islamic world for further studies
• Research and study of the history of politics, society, and culture of the Islamic world
• Re-evaluation and correction of the views and opinions about the Islamic culture and civilization, especially that of the Orientalists
• Explanation of the scientific methods of researching the history of Islam and the Islamic civilization by publishing journals based upon the Islamic teachings and history and its theoretical philosophy
• Discovery of the ambiguous points of the history of Islam and the Islamic civilization
• Answering the questions in the related fields
Encyclopedia of Ahl al-Bayt (a) Department
The encyclopedia of Ahl al-Bayt (a) includes 1332 articles regarding figures, families, cities, places, and theological, Quranic, political, social, jurisprudential, ethical concepts related to Ahl al-Bayt (a).
• Documented explanation of the teachings and character of Ahl al-Bayt (a)
• Presentation of the teachings of Ahl al-Bayt (a) according to the contemporary needs
• Promotion of the teachings of Ahl al-Bayt (a)
• Explanation of the contribution of Ahl al-Bayt (a) to the sciences
• Methodic answering to the questions around the life and teachings of Ahl al-Bayt (a)
• Recognition of the various aspects of the life and history of Ahl al-Bayt (a)
• Identification and assessment of the scientific heritage of Ahl al-Bayt (a)
• Compilation of an encyclopedia about Ahl al-Bayt (a) and facilitating the access of the audience to exact and scholarly information about Ahl al-Bayt (a).