1. Explaining and expurgating the theoretical foundations and frameworks of Islamic Ethics to empower and develop it in various individual and social arenas.
2. Explaining and illustrating the ethical system of Islam and proving its effectiveness and superiority to other ethical systems.
3. Rational defense of the ethical teachings of Islam and answering the doubts in this field.
4. Providing new ethical models in line with meeting the needs of humans and contemporary society.
5. Forming a professional and effective center in the arena of Islamic ethics to meet the needs of the center for policymaking and cultural institutes in Islamic Republic system.
6. The production of the ethical software needed for Islamic civilization and the emphasis on adopting a civilizational approach in the revival and expansion of the ethical teachings of Islam.
1. Provision and implementation of research projects in the fields of history and philosophy of Islamic Ethics
2. Provision and implementation of research projects in the field of new ethical issues of religious community.
3. Provision and implementation of research projects in the field of rebuilding the methodology of ethics.
4. Provision and implementation of research projects in the field of Islamic ethics system and its comparison with other ethical systems.
5. Provision and implementation of research projects in the field of ethical needs of Islamic Republic system.
6. Provision and implementation of research projects in the field of applied ethics.
7. Studying the works of figures in the schools of Islamic ethics and directed and guided translation of the major ethical works of religions and schools of humanity along with their critique and comparison.
8. The constant pathology of public ethics through implementing the survey projects.
9. Constant recognition of human sciences capabilities related to ethics and scientific preparation to transfer these capabilities to the domain of ethical thought.
10. Forming working groups for specialized projects at department of ethics to implement the related projects and plans.
11. Setting up a powerful notification system in the arena of ethics and providing the old and new Islamic and non-Islamic research resources (including book, journal, thesis, software, etc.) in the field of ethical thought and related sciences to facilitate the study of ethics in Islamic seminaries.
12. Identifying, attracting and organizing the needed human resources to carry out the research projects.
13. Communication and cooperation with organizations, institutes, figures and cultural elites, research- scientific and executive centers to advance the department goals.
14. Providing the development field and knowledge promotion as well as researchers capabilities affiliated to the department through forming working groups and educational-research courses and the needed scientific supports.
15. Having active and constructive communication with other centers affiliated to Islamic Sciences and Culture Academy with aim of collaboration, implementation of joint projects and prevention of carrying out the same and repetitive projects.