The repeated emphasis the Holy Quran has made on self-purification is indicative of the prominent status of ethics among religious objectives. Whereas the contemporary world is in dire need of Shias' spiritual massage, waiting for the achievements of the Islamic revolution in Iran, one cannot strongly defend seminaries' report card in presenting moral and educational theories. One of the most important preaching missions of Qom Seminary and Islamic Sciences and Culture Academy is to promote real Islamic moral and educational doctrines in societies and to give importance to paving the grounds for its prerequisite, producing moral thoughts on the basis of Islamic principles and giving vigorous answers to newly emerging questions in the fields of ethics, mysticism and education. The center was established in order to fulfill these objectives.
This center began its activities in 2003 as the department of ethics and education and later on it was divided into two research departments beginning thus its new phase of activities. It has thus far published 19 works of which 7 are select works.
1. Understanding Islamic Ethics, authored by a board of writers, 2007. It was chosen as select work by Religion and Reason Festival in 2007.
2. Applied Ethics, New Challenges for and Inquiries into Applied Ethics, authored by a board of writers, 2007. It was chosen as a select work by Year Book of Islamic Republic of Iran in 2007.
3. Muhammad Alimzadeh Noori, An Introduction to Religious Students' Garment; Understanding the Norms Manifested by the Behavior of Seminarians, authored by a board of scholars in 2009.
4. Shahid Husain Mu'aeen, Monotheistic Education and its Impact on Formation of an Islamic Personality, translated by Ahmad Nazim and revised by Sayyid Alireza Madadi in 2008. It was chosen as a select work by Year Book of Islamic Republic of Iran in 2008.
5. Hamid Reza Mazahiri Sayf, A Critical Understanding of Newly Emerging Mysticisms, 2009.
6. Melanie Klein etc.Moral Development; Guide Book, translated by Muhammd Reza Jahangirzadeh, Alireza Sheikh Shu'a'ai and Sayyid Rahim Rastitabar, 2000. It was chosen as a select work by Year Book of Islamic Republic of Iran in 2008.
7. Muhammad Taqi Islami, Islamic Ethics and the Structure of the Law of Tolerance in Sunan Arguments, 2011. It was chosen as a select work by Year Book of Islamic Republic of Iran in 2011.
8. Muhammad Alimzadeh Noori, Deducing a Moral Order from an Infallible's Conduct, 2012. It was chosen as a select work by Year Book of Islamic Republic of Iran in 2013.
9. Kazim Daliri, An Introduction to Life Style; Moderate Worship in the Conduct of Infallibles, 2003. It was chosen as a select work by Year Book of Islamic Republic of Iran in 2013.
10. Hamid Aqa Noori, Professional Ethics and Guild Duties of Cleric in Imam Khomeini, 2012.
11. Mahdi Ahmadpour, Islamic Jurisprudence and Ethics; an Epistemic Comparison, 2013.
12. Muhammad Hidayati, Relations between Ethics and Jurisprudence from the viewpoint of Some Scholars, 2013.