Research Center for History and Ahl-Albait’s Tradition (peace be upon them) was established in 1985, aiming to methodologically assess the history and conduct of Ahlulbayt (peace be upon them) and things that are related to it. The Academy capitalized on notes prepared by some scholars of Qom Seminary before the Islamic revolution in 1979. Later on, a more detailed proposal was prepared, which was on the whole tending to give an account of the lives and conducts of the infallibles (peace be upon them).
The main concerns of the Academy were to concentrate on the different dimensions of the history and conducts of the infallible imams (peace be upon them), find logical and general mechanisms for reaching historical facts and launch studies on the historical identity of Shiism and its role in the development of Islamic culture and civilization.
Apart from normal activities done here and there, it embarked on various giant projects such as writing Dictionary of Muslim Writers and Encyclopedia of Historic Event of Islam. It has similarly begun writing Encyclopedia of Ahlulbayt (peace be upon them) and studying ambiguous dimensions of Islamic culture and civilization. In recent years, grounds have been paved for accomplishing this project. This Academy has so far published 31 works of which 8 have been chosen as select works.
1. Conduct of Ahlulbayt (peace be upon them).
2. History of Shiism.
3. Islamic Culture and Civilization.
1. Hasan Hasanzadeh Amuli, The Most Precise Account of the Lives of Reporters (of Traditions), 1997.
2. Mustafa Sadiqi, Prophet and Jews of Hijaz, 2003. It was encouraged by the Congress of Scholars of Religion in 2001.
3. A Fresh Glance at The Event of Ushura, authored by a board of researchers under the supervision of Sayyid Alireza Wasi'ai, 2004. It was chosen as a select work by the Congress of Scholars of Religion in 2003.
4. Mustafa Sadiqi, An Historical Analysis of Signs of Appearance (of Imam Mahdi), 2006. It was chosen as a select work by the Congress of Scholars of Religion, Student Year Book, Wilayat Year Book, Miskaway Festival in 2004, 2006, 2007 and 2010.
5. Ali Agha Noori, Origins of Shiism and the Emergence of Shiite Sects During the time of the Imams, 2006.
6. Events in the History of Islam, vol. 1, translated by a group of scholars, 2006.
7. Ghulam Husain Husainzadeh Shanachi, Scio-Political and Cultural Conditions of Shiites during Minor Occultation, 2007.
8. Sayyid Alireza Wasiei, Successors of the Holy Prophet (peace be upon him and his progeny) in the light of Ibn Abi al-Hadid's Commentary on Nahj al-Balagha, 2007. It was chosen as a select work by Nahj al-Balagha Festival and the Leadership Agency at Universities in 2006.
9. Sayyid Alireza Wasiei and Muhammad Shams al-Din Dayyani, An Introduction to Imams' Methodologies of Preaching, 2007.
10. Sayyid Abdullah Husaini, Ushura Sources; Introduced and Criticized, 2007. It was chosen as a select work by the Congress of Scholars of Religion in 2006.
11. Hamid Reza Mutahhari, Atheism in Early Islamic Periods, 2009.
12. Yusuf Ismaeli, A Glance at History of Shiism in Mazindaran, 2008.
13. Ali Ghufrani, Islamic Culture and Civilization in Transoxiana, 2008.
14. Events in the History of Islam, vol. 2, translated by a board of translators, 2008.
15. 'Ammar, 'Abudi Nassar, Akhbar al-Malahim wa al-Fitan, 2008.
16. Glossary of Muslim Writers, prepared by a group of scholars, 2010.
17. Mustafa Sadiqi, Shiite Politicians in the Reign of Caliphs, 2011.
18. Abbas Ahmadwand, The Institution of Successorship in Ummayyid and Early Abbasid Periods, 2011.
19. Muhammad Husain Aliakbari, Fiscal Policies of Imam Ali (peace be upon him), 2011.
20. Sayyid Alireza Wasiei, Contradictions between Jahili traditions and Religious Values in the Event of Harra, 2012. It was chosen as a select work by Seminary Year Book in 2013.
21. Yadullah Muqaddasi, A Fresh Inquiry into Dates of Births and Martyrdoms of Infallibles (peace be upon them), 2012. It was chosen as a select work by Seminary Year Book in 2013.
22. Abd al-Hamid Nasiri, Environment and Health in Prophetic Tradition and Conduct, 2012.
23. Mustafa Sadiqi, An Evaluation of Imam Ali's Judgments, 2013. It was chosen as a select work by Season Book of Islamic Republic of Iran, 2013.
24. Prophet: Life, Wisdom and Rule, authored by a board of writers and prepared by Hamidreza, Mutahhari, 2013.