Research Center for Islamic Theology and Philosophy was established in 1994 with the aim of explaining Islamic theoretical doctrines on the basis of reason and revelation, reviving (Islamic) philosophical and theological heritage and addressing intellectual skepticisms. In addition to translating many important Western philosophical and theological works (into Persian), introducing rich heritage of Muslim thinkers and paying attention to current issues, it has planned to carry out many giant projects such as writing an encyclopedia of Shiite theologians and treating the issue of relation between soul and bodywith the aim of further enriching basic studies.
It has likewise paid attention to other theoretical and applied subjects such as moral philosophy and philosophy of mind just as it has taken into account comparative studies in the field of reason and revelation and linguistic sciences.
To enable Islamic philosophy by creating a link between it and man's social and political needs and to reproduce Shiite theology to enable it toactively approach rival theories are among the main present and future programs of this Academy. Thus far, it has published 64 works of which 24 works are chosen as select works.
2. Islamic Theology.
3. Moral Philosophy.
1. Zahra Pour Sina, The Impact of Sin on Man's Knowledge in Augustine, 2006.
2. William J. Wainwright, Reason and the Heart, tr. Muhammad Hadi Shahab, 2006. It was encouraged by Year Book Festival of Islamic Republic of Iran in 2007.
3. Richard Taylor, Metaphysis, tr. Muhammd Jawad Rezaei, 2000. It was chosen as a select work by Student Year Book in 2002.
4. Étienne Gilson, The Elements of Christian Philosophy, tr. Muhammad Muhammad Rezaei and Sayyid Mahmood Musavi, 1997. It was chosen as a select work by Student Year Book in 1996.
5. William Montgomery Watt, Religious Truth for Our Time, tr. Abulfazl Mahmoodi, 2000. It was encouraged by Student Year Book in 2001.
6. Askari Sulaymani Amiri, A Critique of Improvability of Allah, 2001. It was chosen as a select work by Seminary Year Book and Congress of Scholars of Religion in 2002.
7. Aynullah Khadimi, Causality from the Viewpoint of Muslim Philosophers and Empiricists. It was chosen as a select work by the second festival of 'Selection of Mu'allim's Book', in 2001.
8. Muhammad Amin Ahmadi, Man's Expectations from Religion, 2005. It was chosen as a select work by the Congress of Scholars of Religions in 2003.
9. Roger Trigg, Rationality and Religion: Does Faith Need Reason, tr. Hasan Qanbari, 2006.
10. Ghulam Husain Zainali, Twelve Successors; AnInquiry into the Traditions Concerning Twelve Successors, 2007.
11. Richard Fumerton, Resurrecting Old-Fashioned Foundationalism, translated and introduced by Reza Sadiqi 2008.
12. Alireza As'adi, Hisham bin Hakam, 2009. It was considered as praiseworthy by the Year Book and Season Book of Islamic Republic of Iran and in 2009.
13. Keith Maslin, An Introduction into Philosophy of Mind, tr. Mahdi Zakiri, 2009.
14. William Montgomery Watt, Islam and Christianity, tr. Khalil Qanbari, 2000.
15. Sa'aeda Sadat Nabavi, The Proof of the Righteous Ones in Islamic Philosophy, 2000.
16. Muhammad Ali Mubini, Justification of Belief, Yes or No?, 2000. It was chosen as a select work by Season Book of Islamic Republic of Iran in 2000.
17. Yar Ali Kurd Firoozjaei, Nature of Islamic Philosophy, 2011.
18. Alireza Sa'aedi, Sayyid Razi, 2011.
19. Muhsin Jawadi, The Question of Is and Ought; A Discussion on the Relation between value and reality, 1996. It was chosen as a select work by Student Year Book in 1996.
20. Michalel Palmer, Moral Problems: A Course Book, tr. Alireza Albuya, 2006. It was chosen as a select work by Student Year Book in 2010.
21. Alireza As'adi, Sayyid Murtaza, 2012.
22. Amir Shirzad, Divine Wisdom or Targeted Creation, 2012. It was chosen as a select work by Season Book of Islamic Republic of Iran in 2012.
23. Ali Sabuhi and Ahmadreza Himmati Muqaddam, Materialist Theories of Mind, 2012.
24. Christianity and Mind-Body Problem, tr. a group of translators, 2013.
25. Soul and Body in Religious Texts authored by a board of writers, 2013.
26. Soul and Body in Peripatetic and Transcendental Philosophy authored by a board of writers, 2013.
27. Husain Atrak, Kant's Moral Deontologism, 2013. It was chosen as a select work by Season Book of Islamic Republic of Iran.
28. Hamid Shahryari, Three Rival Formulations of Moral Researches, 2013.
29. Wahid Safari, Reason and Text from the Viewpoint of Ibn Hazm Andulusi, 2013. It was chosen as a select work by Season Book of Islamic Republic of Iran in 2013.