The aim of Organizing Information and Documents Department is to standardize, analyze the content, organize and represent the content of Islamic documents through using systems of resource organization.
1. Controlled indexing based on the references and relations of existing thesauri to retrieve Islamic science resources.
2. Preparation and classification of Islamic documents and works, including library and electronic ones.
3. Categorizing library resources, including traditional and electronic, and converting traditional libraries into electronic formats in order to have quick and comfortable access to literary warrant.
4. Providing and preparing the descriptive list of all publishing resources.
5. Digitalization of works and the resources of Islamic core.
6. Designing and creating digital libraries.
7. Designing and creating and completing wiki based on thesauri.
The long-term Goals (Five-year goals)
1. Conducting research on simple, intratextual and extratextual indexing methods, and the degree of compatibility of each with different Islamic sciences.
2. on the common indexing shortcomings of the epilogue and its degree of compatibility with the thesaurus
3. Conducting research in line with indexing the Islamic resources in the fields of Islamic ethics, Islamic theology, jurisprudence, new theology and religions.
Short-term Goals (Two-year goals)
1. Conducting research on simple, intratextual and extratextual indexing methods, and the degree of compatibility of each with the sciences of new theology and jurisprudence.
2. Conducting research to index the Islamic sciences sources in the field of new theology
3. Conducting research in order to upgrade and complete the indexes for the sources of Islamic ethics, Islamic theology and jurisprudence.
• Controlling and editing the subject indexes of Islamic Ethics sources
• Controlling and editing the subject indexes of new theology sources
• working on the subject index of Imam Musa Sadr's works and controlling and correcting them
• Working on the subject index of Imam Khameniei's statements and controlling and correcting them
• the subject index of Islamic jurisprudence sources(in the first phase: Jawahir al-kalam book series)
• Bibliography and subject index of sources for jurisprudence of art
• Working on the subject index of epilogues in Publication Office of ISCA.
The department used to be called "the department for Indexing and cataloging" in the center for Islamic information and documents from 2006 to 2016 and since 2016, by upgrading the aforementioned center to "Research Center for Islamic documents and information management", the title of this department was changed to "research department for organizing information and documents" and more important duties and responsibilities were given to this department.
The duty and mission of Organizing Information and Documents Department is to standardize, analyze the content, organize and represent the content of Islamic documents through using systems of resource organization.
The domains of activities of the department include indexing, bibliography, and any kinds of organizing subjects or Islamic sciences and knowledge documents.
Most of the department's activities over the past 12 years focused on the indexation of Islamic science resources, and in this area, the brilliant reputation of organizing Islamic information and knowledge has emerged and is now known as the most reliable and prominent information representation center in Iran.