The Department for Islamic Culture and Civilization
The department for Islamic Culture and Civilization is affiliated to Research Center for Ahlulbyat History and Conduct.
An accurate study of the history of Islam in various aspects, especially Islamic culture and civilization, will help us to understand the religion of
Islam and its leaders better. In this regard, the department pursues the following goals and duties:
a. Identifying the cultural aspects and Islamic civilization and explaining its place and contribution to world civilization and production of science.
b. Explaining the causes of progress and decline of Islamic civilization.
c. Conducting studies and research on political, social, and cultural history of Islamic world in different eras in order to provide the context for other studies and research.
The Encyclopedia of Ahlulbayt
The Encyclopedia of Ahlulbayt was established under supervision of Islamic Sciences and Culture Academy affiliated to Islamic Propagation Office Qom Seminary.
The Encyclopedia includes a collection of systematic and scientific information focusing on The Fourteen Infallibles. Therefore, figures, tribes, cities, and places, theological, Quranic, political, social, jurisprudential, and ethical concepts related to Ahlulbayt will be considered in this collection.
The need for easy and quick access to a valid and reliable reference in order to know figures and teachings of Ahlulbayt in the national and international level as well as to present a scientific and comprehensive collection in this field with regard to lacking such work with these features, make compiling the encyclopedia as necessary.
1. Documentary and dynamic explanation of Ahlulbayt figures and teachings in line with wise defense of them.
2. Reviewing the teachings of Ahlulbayt with regard to the contemporary needs.
3. Developing and empowering the teachings of Ahlulbayt.
4. Wiping out the ignorance and superstitions of the Ahlulbayt's knowledge.
5. Explaining the place of Ahlulbayt in sciences.
6. Answering the questions and doubts in the national and international level systematically and scientifically, in the field of conduct and teachings of Ahlulbayt.
7. Recognizing the different aspects of Ahlulbayt's history and conduct.
8. Identifying and evaluating the scientific heritage of Ahlulbayt and their related works.
1. Considering the intellectual, social, and cultural needs in the international and national levels.
2. Using the scientific literature and avoiding verbal literature.
3. Having commitment to proximity of Islamic communities.
4. Considering the comparative topics when need.
5. Using the scientific capacities of universities and Islamic Seminary.
6. Sticking with innovation in the structure of topics, analyses, compilation, and conclusion.
7. Avoiding raising doubtful and humiliating ideas and perspectives unless in some cases that they are necessary to be raised or criticized.
8. Emphasizing the focus on Ahlulbayt in authoring the papers.
The encyclopedia is compiled with the aim of providing a credit and scientific reference for researchers, the experts of Islamic sciences and humanities and university students, presented in the level of world class. However, all the lovers can use it with regard to their appropriateness to their knowledge.
The Presentation of the Encyclopedia
1. The encyclopedia is presented in both printed and electronic forms.
2. All the papers of the encyclopedia will be uploaded gradually on the encyclopedia website after publishing in printed form.
3. The original copy of the encyclopedia is published gradually, volume after volume in Persian.
The Encyclopedia Website
1. The Encyclopedia Website has started its activities in autumn, 2014, with the aim of revealing the content of encyclopedia and introduction of appropriate resources for studies related to Ahlulbayt. Considering the following points shows the necessity of creating such website:
The necessity of being present on social media.
Lack of ideal richness of activities related to Ahlulbayt on social media.
Presenting the papers of the encyclopedia on social media.
Creating a website to propose, send, and receive the entries.
In addition, some objectives have been considered such as, providing accurate, ideal and timely notification on encyclopedia activities; ideal review of written activities of the encyclopedia on social media; and creating a scientific environment for authors of entries and other researchers in the field of Ahlulbayt history to have access to the related resources.
An Introduction to sections of the website
The encyclopedia website has two general sections of "main menu" and" information bank".
The main menu consists of the following items:
The encyclopedia website does not have any approach for news. However, it deals with the different sections of the encyclopedia and related news about honored research on Ahlulbayt. In this section, the news for research calls related to Ahlulbayt as well as the summary of the meetings on the Fourteen Infallibles are uploaded.
The scientific council of the encyclopedia consists of 13 members who are in charge of determining and approving the entries and macro-projects of the encyclopedia. In this section, the complete resumes of the council members are available and it is possible to download and view their papers.
In this section, the titles of the encyclopedia's entries are presented alphabetically and based on a thematic categorization. In addition, the original entries will be available in this section electronically, after having been authored and published. In addition, items related to each entry such as papers, theses, encyclopedias, etc. will be available in other sections so that the access to the materials related to the entries would be easier.
The encyclopedia database consists of the following items:
This section comprises five parts that are encyclopedias, Mawsu'a (a collection of works from scholars), lexicons, documents, and others, and its aim is the comprehensive introduction of the works related to Ahlulbayt; it deals with complete, brief, and comparative introduction of the aforementioned items. Meanwhile, three works of "The great Islamic encyclopedia, The Shia encyclopedia and the encyclopedia of Islamic world" have been comparatively examined. That is, the encyclopedia's entries are compared with the published volumes of these works and if some entries have the same title or are similar to the encyclopedia's entries in the works, the introduction and if possible, the full text will be available to the readers. This is done in order to avoid parallelism and it indicates that a large number of the encyclopedia's entries do not exist in these works. In addition to this comparative examination, we will deal with brief and detailed introduction of other works especially those encyclopedias with the titles of Ahlulbayt which are uploaded on the website gradually and they will be presented to the audiences.
The section of papers consists of three Macro-parts which are "historical, socio-theological and jurisprudential-ethical" and each of these parts is categorized based on the topic and includes papers related to the entries of the Ahlulbayt encyclopedia. In addition, over 600 papers on Ahlulbayt have been collected so far, which are related to history. The articles are displayed in tables and by clicking on the title of each paper can have access to its abstract and keyword. However, it is completely free for viewers to download the full papers. One of the benefits of this section is the lovers' familiarity with studies on Ahlulbayt and particularly the honored papers in this field and In addition to citing the author and publication information, the paper's URL and research rank is available.
The first goal of the papers section is to collect the papers related to Ahlulbayt and then other papers of historical entries of the encyclopedia as well as theological and jurisprudential entries will be available on the website.
The same categorization of papers can be seen in the section of theses, with a difference that in this section in addition to the complete information about theses, it is possible to study the abstract and keyword and in some cases the table of content of each thesis.
Since no original thesis can be inserted and displayed on any website, the encyclopedia website has tried to reflect the views of the authors of the theses as much as possible by posting papers related to each thesis.
In the section of books, over 2000 books have been uploaded so far that after examining and choosing the best works among copies, will be introduced and recognized widely in the next website phases.
In this section, it has been tried to introduce the websites related to Ahlulbayt and to mention their scores.
In the section of applications, the two applications "Qaemiyyah" and "Sireh M'asumian" are highly considered as the most important applications that directly deal with Ahlulbayt. However, Qaemiyyah have been more welcomed and considered.
The website of the encyclopedia
The Department for Conduct of Ahlulbayt
The Department for Conduct of Ahlulbayt (peace be upon them) affiliated to the Research Center for Ahlulbayt History and Conduct currently carries out its activities in the field of history and different aspects of the Infallible Imams.
Knowing the conduct (Sireh) means a strategic study in biological methods of one individual considering time, place, and circumstances. Accordingly, the department of conduct carries out the following plans, in order to explain different aspects of the Fourteen Infallibles' life.
a. Providing a historical, scientific, and documented collection from the Fourteen Infallibles' life.
b. Providing the society with an appropriate model
c. Removing superstitions from people's beliefs about the Fourteen Infallibles.
d. Carrying out scientific and strategic research in different aspects of the Fourteen Infallibles' conduct.
e. Review and examination of heterogeneous hadiths about the Fourteen Infallibles.
The Department for Shiites History
The Department for Shiites History is one of the departments of the Research center for History and Ahlulbayt conduct that examines the ups and downs of Shiites history in a variety of political, cultural, social, economic, and religious aspects and studies strategically the following items:
a. Recognizing the Shiites throughout the history and introducing the various aspects and features of their culture, education, politics, and society.
b. Examining the strengths and weaknesses of the Shiites and presenting the factors of progress and decadence of the Ahlulbayt followers.
c. Introducing unknown aspects of Shiite history and Shiite intellectual and practical evolution throughout history.
d. Introducing the common points between Shi'a past and present events and utilizing the past in order to plan for the future.
e. Examination, evaluation and critique of historical resources related to Shiites and history of Shiites.
The Department for Exegesis of Quran
The Main Missions
The major missions of the departments are: Providing and compiling different interpretations of Quran in the sequential and thematic form for different levels of age and education, providing Quranic approaches in the various issues and topic, providing and compiling fluent and attractive translations of Quran in different styles, providing and compiling the educational texts of interpretations and translations of Quran, conducting the specialized studies on scientific principles and foundations of interpretation and translation, providing and reproducing reliable Shia interpretations in attractive form, having scientific communication with active centers and institutes in the fields of translation and interpretation, identifying, attracting and using skillful researchers, identifying the existing shortcomings in the arenas of interpretations and translations, and holding scientific meetings.
1. Discovering Quran's perspective on the problems, issues and needs of the contemporary society.
2. Discovering the thematic communication and structure of Quranic topics with the aim of organizing the Quranic systematization studies.
3. Extracting and providing Quranic approaches on different issues and topics.
4. Providing the needs of sequential and thematic interpretation and translation of the Holy Quran for various classes and strata.
5. Providing the needs of educational centers in the fields of Quran interpretation and translation.
6. Promoting Quranic knowledge in the form of educational texts.
7. Reproducing some of the interpretation based on the new necessities and needs.
8. Promoting the works related to interpretation and translation of Quran.
9. Producing thought in different fields such as educational, ethical, social, political, and mystical interpretation.
1. Providing long-term, short-term, and strategic goals and plans for the research activities of the department.
2. Providing proposed policies to improve and update the activities of the deparment
3. Identifying and having active and effective communication with the common-goal centers and using their experience and capacities
4. Identifying the researchers in fields of interpretation, translation, and compilation of textbooks and using them to accomplish the objectives of the department
5. Conducting studies and research projects on sequential and thematic interpretation and translation of Quran
6. Identifying the existing problems and shortcomings and compiling the interpretations and translations appropriate to the needs of the contemporary society
7. Holding specialized meetings and sessions of critique and investigation on interpretation, translation, and educational texts
8. Evaluating the works of interpretation, translation and educational texts and the current plans of the department
9. The accurate Identification of educational objectives appropriate to the audience's needs in line with providing and compiling the educational texts
10. Providing criteria for standard translation and classification pattern of Quran translations
11. Preparing and providing the annual report on the activities of the department and presenting it to the superior officers
12. Identifying, collecting and categorizing the resources and topics of Quran's interpretations and translations
13. Proposing topics and issues to carry out the studies, compilation of books, papers, and theses.
14. Counselling the researchers and authors of Quranic books, papers, and theses.
The Department for Quranic Dictionaries
The most important missions of the department are compiling the thematic dictionaries of Quran, lexicons and specialized dictionaries from Quranic knowledge and teachings and also thematic lexicons from the important interpretations of the Holy Quran, conducting studies, research and research projects in the fields of novel methods and principles of Quranic lexicography, and identifying the existing resources of Quranic lexicons and dictionaries.
1. Systematization and organization of Quranic sciences and culture
2. Provision of the context to develop the Quranic research
3. Facilitating the instant access for Quran researchers to the Quranic information and interpretation
4. Provision of the context to promote the Quranic culture in the society
1. Compiling the thematic dictionaries of Quran
2. Producing the Quranic lexicons and analytical dictionaries of Quranic terms
3. Providing the specialized dictionaries of Quran
4. Conducting the research projects in the fields of novel methods and principles of Quranic lexicography
The Department for Comparative Studies
The Department for Comparative Studies
The main missions
Examining the comparative Quranic studies between Islamic religions and denominations, reviewing the Quranic studies of Orientalists and, Quranic systematization.
Conducting research on the methodology of comparative studies
Carrying out the comparative studies between the teachings of Quran and the holy books.
Examination and critique of Quranic studies of Orientalists, thinkers and scholars of the Islamic world.
Conducting comparative research on the foundations, methods, and viewpoints of Islamic religions based on the Quranic verses.
Producing scientific literature for Quranic systematization.
The Department for Quranic Sciences
Conducting research on the issues related to Quran, providing the prerequisites of Quran interpretation, organizing the presuppositions, foundations, rules, methods, and principles of interpretation.
1. Identifying, prioritizing, and updating the studies of knowing the holy Quran in national and international levels.
2. Focusing on the method of understanding and interpreting the holy Quran and examining the challenges and then bringing solutions for them.
3. Redesigning the topics and methods of Quranic sciences to develop and empower the Islamic sciences.
4. Advancing and creating the methods to achieve the humanities and Quran-based systematization
5. Answering the doubts in the field of Quranic Sciences.
The Department for Quranic Encyclopedias
The Main Mission
• Providing the Quranic Encyclopedias for various groups of age and education and different scientific trends as well as conducting research, studies, and research projects on principles and foundations of writing Quranic encyclopedias are the missions of this department.
Facilitating and accelerating the achievement of Quranic teachings in the form of using the methods of encyclopedia writing.
• Compiling various Quranic encyclopedias with different trends and for different groups.
• Compiling specialized Quranic encyclopedias based on different trends of the sciences.
• Methodology of Quranic encyclopedia writing for world of Islam.
• Examination and Pathology of the method to write Quranic Encyclopedia for world of Islam.
• Examination and critique of Orientalist Encyclopedias
• Providing guidance and advice in the field of writing Quranic encyclopedia
• Providing scientific relationships and interactions with national and international specialized research centers in the field of writing encyclopedia.
The Department for Mahdism Studies is a scientific-research department which through using the theological, philosophical, mystical, cultural, social and psychological foundations, tries to investigate and explain the topics related to Mahdism with a practical and fundamental perspective about the general, specific, minor, major, internal and external fields.
Areas of Activities
The theological-philosophical foundations of Mahdism
The new theological issues of Mahdism
The pathology and doubts of Mahdism
The comparative-theological studies of Mahdism
The interpretation of verses of Mahdism in The Holy Quran
An examination of exegetes' viewpoint in the field of Mahdism
A documentary examination of Mahdism traditions
A content and evidential examination of Mahdism traditions
Methodology and basic topics of Mahdism ethics and education
The ethical and educational dimensions of the Waiting Community: (individual and social)
The ethical and educational dimensions of Mahdism Ideal City
The ethical and educational pathology of the Waiting Community
Methodology and basic political and social topics of Mahdism
The political and social dimensions of the Mahdism Ideal City
The sociopolitical dimensions of the Waiting community
The political and social pathology of the Waiting community
The comparative studies of sociopolitical dimensions of Mahdism
The Department for Jurisprudence-related Knowledge (Usul Fiqh, principles of Jurisprudence, Rijal and Hadith)
The Department for Jurisprudence-related Knowledge (Usul Fiqh, principles of Jurisprudence, Rijal and Hadith) is one of the three departments of the Research Center for Jurisprudence and Law and is responsible for conducting studies and research on some fields such as Usul fiqh, principles of jurisprudence, philosophy of jurisprudence, Rijal and Hadith.
The most important objectives of this department are as follows:
1. Explaining and editing the foundations, resources, domains, goals, history and the methods of Islamic jurisprudence and law inference.
2. Transferring the needs in the field of inference to Usul and turning them into topics in the form and framework of Usul.
3. Directing the meticulous Usul skills from merely scientific topics towards practical ones.
4. Qualitative and quantitative development of Usul in the framework of its nature and instrumental role with the aim of meeting the needs to inference the novel problems.
5. Preventing Usul from turning into a non-monitoring and useless science comparing to inference.
6. Providing the necessary scientific context to promote theorizing in Usul and jurisprudence.
7. Empowering the capacities of jurisprudential principles in the framework of strengthening the comparative topics of jurisprudence and law.
8. Transferring the needs of inference to Usul and turning them into topics in the form and framework of Usul.
1. Carrying out the studies, research and research projects in the fields of:
a. Sciences related to jurisprudence including Usul, Rijal, Hadith and so on.
b. Principles of jurisprudence appropriate to the development of jurisprudence.
c. Effective patterns and theories of jurisprudence, law and Usul.
2. Identifying the gaps, needs, harm and problems of Usul Fiqh in solving the novel issues.
3. Creating specialized groups to carry out the research programs and activities.
4. Providing collections of notification (bibliography, lexicon and glossary)
5. Providing the context for growth and development of knowledge and capability of the research center's researchers through forming training workshops, holding scientific meetings and dialogues, creating study opportunities.
6. Identifying, hiring, and using the skilled researchers and experts and supporting the jurists of Islamic Seminary to pave the way for their growth and promotion.
7. Informing Islamic Seminaries in the fields of novel questions and challenges of the society and Islamic system in the arena of Usul Fiqh, Rijal, Hadith and jurisprudential principles.
8. Having relations and cooperation with scientific, research and executive institutes, organizations, associations and centers to pursue the department's objectives.
9. Having an active and constructive relations with other research departments of the research centers in order to carry out the common projects and to avoid doing repetitive tasks.
A. Investigating those rules that despite having determinative role in inference, just a small amount of topics related to Usul have been allocated to including Sireh, proportion of ruling and issue, topics which adjust the relationship of Kitab (Quran) and Sunnah. Such topics are in the research domain of this department.
B. Investigating those rules have been used in the field of inference, but have not discussed in Usul yet such as religious and rational intuitions (Irtikazat) and the amount of evidence of the Infallible's act are in the domain of this department.
C. Those topics related to Hermeneutics and analytical philosophy of language that can affect Usul are in the research domain of this department.
D. Those topics related to Usul, Rijal, Hadith which their explanation is effective in accomplishing the research center's objectives in the fields of Islamic jurisprudence and law, are in the domain of this department.
Department for Jurisprudential and Legal Issues
What nowadays has been the dominant aspect in the field of religious sciences and the grand religious scholars have supported the efforts, studies and research greatly for centuries, is the jurisprudence and knowledge related to the divine minor ruling. If anyone wants to define and introduce the today's Islamic seminaries, before everything else, the first thing he/she can see is Fiqh (jurisprudence) which dazzles the eye of the observer with its amazing glow.
This precious heritage of Imamiyyah religion with a long history and a remarkable inference, depth and strength hasn't been introduced as expected and has remained unknown among the valuable jurisprudential books. On the other hand, the emergence of new technology and the human life and livelihood transformation in individual and social aspects require answers based on the Shari'a (Islamic law), and as the Supreme Leader of Iran has said, " the intellectual generator of Islamic system must respond to this important issue, identify the today's new lifestyles and their changes and found the regulations of social relations and connections, conforming to the rules of the Shari'a based on the Islamic life-maker rulings.
The Department for Jurisprudential and Legal Issues, in addition to inviting and searching for Islamic seminary and university researchers in order to study the works of the prominent jurists of Imamiyyah religion in a serious, solid and valid way with a new method, tries to deal up with bringing up the novel issues and finding the appropriate response conformed to the scientific criteria of Usul and jurisprudence and based on the requirements of time and place. In this regard, one of the most important goals of this department is to use the curious and meticulous researchers from Islamic Seminary and universities.
A. Research Domain of the Department
1. The Department for Jurisprudential and Legal Issues is in charge of investigating the special jurisprudential and legal issues which are new and challenging at the macro level of the society and Islamic system of Iran.
2. Issues raised in all legal fields including public law, private law, criminal law, internal and international law which are in the framework of the research center's objectives and related to the special jurisprudential topics (In contrast to the topics related to philosophy of jurisprudence).
3. Part of the major political issues that are related to political sciences and not related to the inference of rulings or jurisprudential theories, are out of this department's domain.
4. General and philosophical aspects of human rights are out of this department's domain, but the special examples related to human rights such as apostate rulings, jurisprudential aspects of freedom issues, relationship of people and government and so on are in the domain of the aforementioned department.
The most important objectives that the studies of the Department for Jurisprudential and Legal Issues focus on to achieve are as follows:
1. Bringing coherent jurisprudential and legal solutions in fields of novel issues especially the issues facing the system of Islamic Republic of Iran.
2. Providing a rich Shia jurisprudence in a new appearance and appropriate method according to the needs of time and place.
3. Explaining and providing the jurisprudential and legal issues and challenges facing the Islamic Seminaries along with bringing scientific and practical solutions.
In order to accomplish the aforementioned objectives, this research center is in charge of the following duties:
1. New and special jurisprudential issues (In contrast to the topics related to jurisprudential philosophy).
2. New jurisprudential-legal issues in all the fields of law including public law, private law, criminal law, internal and international law especially in the issues required by system of Islamic Republic of Iran.
3. Old jurisprudential issues which for some reasons need to be reviewed especially in the issues required by system of Islamic Republic of Iran.
4. Islamic legal system and its compatibility and comparison with others legal systems.
5. Effective jurisprudential and legal patterns and theories
6. Identifying the jurisprudential and legal gaps, needs, harm and problems in the system of Islamic Republic of Iran.
7. Jurisprudential-legal pathology of legal, judicial and executive institutes in the system of Islamic Republic of Iran.
8. Providing the context for growth and development of knowledge and capability of the department's researchers through forming the training workshops, holding scientific meetings and dialogues, creating study opportunities.
9. Identifying, hiring, and using the skilled researchers and experts and supporting the jurists of Islamic Seminary to pave the way for their growth and promotion.
10. Informing Islamic Seminaries in the fields of novel questions and challenges of the society and Islamic system in the arena of Islamic jurisprudence and law.
11. Having relations and cooperation with scientific, research and executive institutes, organizations, associations and centers to pursue the department's objectives.
12. Having an active and constructive relations with other research departments of the research centers in order to carry out the common projects
The Department for Philosophy of Jurisprudence and Law is in charge of research and study of jurisprudence and law with an external view and answers the questions brought up in the fields of method, foundation, resources and goals of Islamic jurisprudence and law.
The most important goals of this department are as follows:
1. Explaining and revising the basics and theoretical frameworks of jurisprudential science in order to consolidate and develop it in various personal and social fields.
2. Explaining and illustrating the legal system of Islam and proving its superiority to other legal systems.
3. Providing effective jurisprudential models to answer the basic needs and questions of human and contemporary society.
4. Providing reasonable analyses for jurisprudential and legal teachings
5. Explaining the foundations of Islamic Republic of Iran and answering its needs.
6. Identifying the gaps, needs, harms, and problems of jurisprudential philosophy and legal philosophy of Islamic republic system.
7. Explaining and revising the foundations, resources, objectives, history and methods of Islamic jurisprudence and law inference.
8. Identifying the aforementioned challenges and questions which Islamic jurisprudence and law has faced with them and trying to answer them wisely.
9. Transferring the needs in the field of inference to philosophy of jurisprudence and turning them into some topics in the form of philosophy of jurisprudence.
10. Shifting the profound skills of jurisprudential philosophy from merely scientific topics to practical topics.
11. Quantitative and qualitative development of philosophy of jurisprudence in the framework of its nature and role or with the aim of answering the needs of novel issues inference.
12. Providing the necessary scientific context to promote the theorization in the philosophy of jurisprudence and law.
In order to fulfill the aforementioned goals, this department is in charge of the following duties:
1. Study, research and implementation of research projects in the fields of:
• History, philosophy and the foundations of Islamic jurisprudence and law
• The new topics of jurisprudential and legal philosophy especially for the needed topics of Islamic republic system.
• The old topics of jurisprudential and legal philosophy which need to be reviewed especially the required topics in Islamic republic system.
• The legal system of Islam and its comparison to other legal systems.
• The effective legal and jurisprudential models and theories.
2. Identifying the doubts related to philosophy of Islamic ruling and providing rational analyses to convince the audience's minds.
3. Identifying the gaps, needs, harms and problems of jurisprudential and legal philosophy of Islamic republic system.
4. Providing series of notification (bibliography, dictionary, lexicon, etc.)
5. Providing the context for growth and development of knowledge and abilities of the department's researchers through holding the educational workshops, meetings and scientific dialogues as well as creating research opportunities.
6. Identifying, attracting and hiring the skilled researchers and experts, and supporting researchers in the field of philosophy of jurisprudence and law at Islamic Seminary to provide context for their growth and development.
7. Notifying the Islamic seminaries about new questions and challenges of the Islamic community and system in the arenas of philosophy of jurisprudence and Islamic law.
8. Communicating and collaborating with scientific, research and executive centers organizations, associations and institutes in order to advance the department's goals.
9. Having an active and constructive tie and cooperation with other research centers and subunits of ISCA with the aim of implementing the common projects and avoiding the repetitive projects.
The Department for Philosophy of Jurisprudence and Law conducts research in the following domains:
1. Conducting studies and research on all the challenging issues in the society which are about jurisprudential philosophy, especially the basic issues related to religious government in the domain of department for philosophy of Islamic jurisprudence and law.
2. Explaining, rejecting and verifying those issues (theology, law and ethics) related to jurisprudence, which need to be investigated in terms of their effectiveness are considered to be within the realm of this department.
3. Considering the necessity of philosophy of some Islamic rulings on the one hand, and the absence of an independent research department in the research center on the other hand, currently, the issues related to philosophy of Islamic rulings is temporarily within the realm of this department.
4. Conducting research and studies on philosophy of science independently is not within the realm of this department, but studying, counseling and holding scientific meetings in order to gain great knowledge of its main pivots and its adaptation to Islamic jurisprudence and law are within the realm of this department.
The Department for Islam and Spirituality Studies
In today's world, which is on the one hand, the age that the young generations and the world nations welcome the need for exaltation and spiritual manners in an unprecedented way, and on the other hand, it is the age of promotion of secular spiritualty and numerous sick religions and deviant beliefs which abuse the term "spirituality", one of the most important missions of religion guardians is to revive and reform the "spiritual life", "human society", "refinement of insights" and leading the tendencies of spirituality-seekers and guidance-seekers.
Understanding this important issue has led The Islamic Propagation Office of Qom Seminary to establish a Center for Deepening Religious Faith and Fighting against Deviant Movements and Sects and the departments have been formed to provide negative and positive answers for this need of the day. Considering the aforementioned need and taking into account the mission of the Islamic Propagation Office of Qom Seminary in the development of profound Islamic spirituality, as well as the fight against the deviant movements, the establishment of the "Islamic Spirituality Department" can be a step towards fulfilling this important goal. Also, with regard to the fact that projects related to the spirituality are now included in less relevant departments, the establishment of an independent spirituality department has become more and more important. In addition, paying attention to the spirituality and bringing up this issue seriously can make the research centers affiliated to Islamic Seminary to take the initiative in the fields of conceptualization, designing approach and forming the research literature, before the establishment of secular approaches.
Inference, compilation and development of Islamic spirituality as a practical and civilization-maker knowledge and critique of non-religious spiritualities.
1. Systematic explaining and extracting the theoretical frameworks and doctrines of Islamic spirituality from original religious sources and proving its methodology and illustrating its borders with non-Islamic spiritualities.
2. Explaining the rationality of foundations and components of the Islamic spiritual system, and rational defense of its doctrines and answering the doubts of this field.
3. Empowerment of the Islamic spirituality school through refinement, review and reconstructing the heritage, thought, mystic statuses and enriching it with an emphasis on revelation, intellect, intuition and experimental methods.
4. Introducing and analyzing the new research approaches and grounds in the arena of spirituality studies.
5. Proving the efficiency and superiority of the spiritual school of Islam in comparison to other spiritual beliefs.
6. Identifying and criticizing the culture of spirituality without religion as well as the deviant movements of spirituality.
7. Developing spiritual literacy in society by designing general educational programs and packages needed by missionaries and introducing the full and effective spiritual models.
8. Explaining and promoting the Religion-based, wisdom-based, balanced, society-oriented, civilization-maker, and justice-developer spirituality to contemporary human minds, and narrating and criticizing the Seleucid thought and beliefs with regard to the hidden and visible harms of history and age.
9. Applying the Islamic spirituality in the individual, social and organizational arenas (spirituality and health, spirituality in the organization, spiritual health, spiritual healing, spirituality and addiction, spirituality and family etc.).
Mission and Goals
The Education Department at the Research Center for Ethics and Spirituality has defined its mission based on the problem-based approach of Intellectual and Cultural Centers in Islamic Propagation Office of Qom Seminary.
Identifying and solving the theoretical issues of education and educational challenges of contemporary Iranian society and participating in development of Islamic ethical education and critique of competitive theories.
This mission is followed up in the form of the following long-term goals:
1. Critical review of moral education theories in line with Islamization of the humanities and compiling the Islamic theory of moral education in line with empowerment of Islamic moral education in order to solve the moral problems in contemporary Iranian society.
2. Extracting the system of theoretical issues and current challenges of contemporary Iran in the arena of moral education.
3. Increasing the general knowledge of Iranian in the arena of moral education and development through promotional and media activities.
4. Investigation the status of education in contemporary Iranian society to identify the current challenges and evaluate the effectiveness of theoretical findings in the field of education
1. Explaining and expurgating the theoretical foundations and frameworks of Islamic Ethics to empower and develop it in various individual and social arenas.
2. Explaining and illustrating the ethical system of Islam and proving its effectiveness and superiority to other ethical systems.
3. Rational defense of the ethical teachings of Islam and answering the doubts in this field.
4. Providing new ethical models in line with meeting the needs of humans and contemporary society.
5. Forming a professional and effective center in the arena of Islamic ethics to meet the needs of the center for policymaking and cultural institutes in Islamic Republic system.
6. The production of the ethical software needed for Islamic civilization and the emphasis on adopting a civilizational approach in the revival and expansion of the ethical teachings of Islam.
1. Provision and implementation of research projects in the fields of history and philosophy of Islamic Ethics
2. Provision and implementation of research projects in the field of new ethical issues of religious community.
3. Provision and implementation of research projects in the field of rebuilding the methodology of ethics.
4. Provision and implementation of research projects in the field of Islamic ethics system and its comparison with other ethical systems.
5. Provision and implementation of research projects in the field of ethical needs of Islamic Republic system.
6. Provision and implementation of research projects in the field of applied ethics.
7. Studying the works of figures in the schools of Islamic ethics and directed and guided translation of the major ethical works of religions and schools of humanity along with their critique and comparison.
8. The constant pathology of public ethics through implementing the survey projects.
9. Constant recognition of human sciences capabilities related to ethics and scientific preparation to transfer these capabilities to the domain of ethical thought.
10. Forming working groups for specialized projects at department of ethics to implement the related projects and plans.
11. Setting up a powerful notification system in the arena of ethics and providing the old and new Islamic and non-Islamic research resources (including book, journal, thesis, software, etc.) in the field of ethical thought and related sciences to facilitate the study of ethics in Islamic seminaries.
12. Identifying, attracting and organizing the needed human resources to carry out the research projects.
13. Communication and cooperation with organizations, institutes, figures and cultural elites, research- scientific and executive centers to advance the department goals.
14. Providing the development field and knowledge promotion as well as researchers capabilities affiliated to the department through forming working groups and educational-research courses and the needed scientific supports.
15. Having active and constructive communication with other centers affiliated to Islamic Sciences and Culture Academy with aim of collaboration, implementation of joint projects and prevention of carrying out the same and repetitive projects.
The Department for studies of Mahdism Current
The studies of Mahdism current is a field that deals with identification of currents and sects in the arena of Mahdism; In other words, current is a movement that is formed in the society based on a certain criteria and brings about changes. The current studies of a movement is the study of its formation and identification of factors that are involved in it. The studies of current is divided into two sections including "identification of positive and negative currents" that the goal in this field is the second section that is negative currents _ the currents that their activities causes undesirable impacts in the field of Mahdism and are not compatible with the accepted values of Mahdism such as, Babism, Bahaism, Modaei Yamani, Modaei Sudani and so on. In this department, in addition to identifying the deviant groups of Mahdism, it will be dealt with the social, cultural and civilizational factors that are the causes of their formation.
Domains of Activities
• Transformation and evolution of Mahdism deviant currents
• Typology of Mahdism deviant currents and sects
• Current studies of Mahdism deviant sects in the presence era (of Imam Mahdi A)
• Current studies of Mahdism deviant sects in the era of Minor Occultation(of Imam Mahdi A)
• Current studies of Mahdism deviant sects in the era of Major Occultation(of Imam Mahdi A)
• Pathology and threat studies of Mahdism deviant currents
• Causes and Factors in the formation of Mahdism deviant sects
• Doubt studies of Mahdism deviant currents
• Current studies of Mahdism deviant sects in the contemporary era
• Identifying the claimer and audience of Mahdism deviant currents
The Department for Religion Futurology and Religiosity
Considering the profound relationship between futurology and doctrine of Mahdism in Islamic thought, the futurology department is a scientific research department that explores and explains the foundations of Futurology based on Islamic principles. The most important mission of the department is to identify, explore and localize the basic knowledge of futurology in the fields of religious and Mahdism issues.
Domains of Activities
• Explaining the Futurology foundation based on the Islamic approach
• Explaining the modes of relationship between futurology and religious studies
• Methodology of futurology studies
• Identifying and investigating the status of futurology in Islamic world
• Investigating the modeling capacity of the Mahdism doctrine in explaining and designing the futures of awaiting community
• Explaining the future of holy Islamic Republic of Iran's system by using the model of Mahdism community
• Localization of futurology by using the foundation of revelation
• Explaining the necessity of using futurology in religious sovereignty
The Department for Political Sciences
The Department for Political Sciences, one of the three departments in Research Center for Political Sciences and Thought started its activities in 1995 along with the two other departments known as "political jurisprudence and political philosophy" with aim of presenting political knowledge based on Islamic resources, identity studies and identity making in the field of political sciences and continued its activities in two levels:
1. Level of research domain
In this level, the department works on 11 research domains (including, political sociology, political psychology, international relations, regional studies, political geography, political history, political anthropology, political economics, public policy, Islamic world and minor issues) from which has dealt more with some of the areas.
2. Level of thematic priority
In this level, four topics (Islamic Revolution, Islamic Republic of Iran's issues, Clergy, Islamic world) have been prioritized for the researchers of the department for political sciences that in each of these four aforementioned topics, there were some projects considered including the macro-projects for thematic priorities that has been compiled and implemented, and since 1994, most research projects were conducted in the form of books, discussions, specialized meetings, conferences and special quarterly journals on the two levels.
At first, the department continued its activities with the management of Reza Isania until 2004 for eight years and the members of research council of the department were Dr. Sayyid Mohammad Taqi Aleqafour, Dr. Ali Shirkhani, Dr.Mohammad Sotudeh, Dr.Masud Abdolhossein Pourfard, Dr.Alireza Zahiri and Dr. Abdolwahhab Forati; Most of the projects and activities, from choosing and approving the research topics to the topics of meetings and books critique were implemented after consultation with the members and of course the approval of the research council members in Research Center for Political Sciences and Thought. The department for Political Sciences with having the research council members usually held great meetings and provided the scientific society with fairly great works in terms of quantity, quality and content. Dr. Abdolwahhab Forati became the manager of the department in 2004 and managed the department for 10 years and during this period, great works in the forms of book, conference, and series of dialogue and articles were published.
In 2014, Dr. Reza Isania was appointed as the manager that in this period members of research council including Dr. Ali Akbari Moallem, assistant professor and faculty member, Dr. Majid Moballeghi, assistant professor and faculty member, Dr. Alireza Zahiri, researcher as faculty member, Mokhtar Shaikh Hosseini, assistant professor and faculty member, Dr. Reza Isania, assistant professor and the department manager, Sayyid Sajjad Aleghafour as the expert of the department, collaborated and worked with the department for political sciences and conducted the affairs in the department.
The research domain of the department
a. Research areas
1. Political sociology
2. Political psychology
3. International relations
4. Regional studies
5. Political geography of geopolitics
6. Political history
7. Political anthropology
8. Political economics
9. Public policy
10. Minor issues
b. Thematic Priorities
1. Islamic revolution
2. Islamic Republic of Iran's issues
4. Islamic World
The department for Political Jurisprudence
Politics in Islam has various areas of study it is possible to investigate the Islamic political approach based on numerous Islamic sciences such as jurisprudence, philosophy, and theology or Qur'anic interpretation. Political jurisprudence as one of the most fundamental areas of Islamic politics can be considered due to the focus of jurisprudence on the understanding of Islam, with a greater backgroud and double influence in Seminaries than other areas of Islamic politics. Therefore, the topic of Wilayat-e Faqih(guardianship of the Islamic jurist) as the central political system of Islam in the era of occultation(of Imam Mahdi a), has been discussed in Shiite jurisprudence and jurisprudential issues.
The emphasis on political jurisprudence in the seminaries, the existence of a strong legacy of political discussions in the jurists' books and the focus of the Islamic Republic of Iran system on political jurisprudence basis has led the Research center for Political Sciences and Thought to establish the department for political jurisprudence. Thus, the department for political jurisprudence and the Research center for Political Sciences and Thought were established at the same time. Perhaps the department for political jurisprudence in this research center could be regarded as the first department for political thought with a focus on political jurisprudence in Iran after the revolution.
The efforts of young and concerned scholars of the Seminary for the need to explain the jurisprudential foundations of Islamic Republic of Iran system, and reproducing the jurisprudential legacy of Shia has led to form the epistemic structure of departments of this research center and therefore, the designers of this research center, in addition to paying attention to political jurisprudence, shifted some of the responsibilities of research in the field of political Islamic studies to the department for political jurisprudence.
The research department which currently has three faculty members and one permanent researcher who not only are they supported by a group of researchers connected to the seminary but also they have academic education degrees.
The great and effective number of the books and articles produced in this scientific department, was the reason to put it on a positive and efficient level, and the selection of twenty-five works from the department's products confirms this claim.
In this research department, in addition to political jurisprudence issues, political interpretation of the Holy Quran and compiling political narratives focusing on reliable narrative associations of Shia are also considered and some studies in these areas are being conducted.
The Research Domain of the Department for Political Jurisprudence
A. Research Areas
1. The philosophy of political jurisprudence (descriptive and prescriptive)
2. The sociology of political jurisprudence
3. The history of political jurisprudence
4. Pathology and critique of political jurisprudence
5. Comparative studies
6. Issues and topics of political jurisprudence
7. Political interpretation of the Holy Quran
B. Thematic priorities
1. The political system of Shia
2. Wilayat-e Faqih(guardianship of the Islamic jurist)
3. Identification and critique of the existing identity of political jurisprudence
4. The issues of Islamic republic of Iran